After a long and helpful chat with WordPress, I suggested creating a troubleshooting post with some tips. I could also ask my WordPress family if they could answer some questions that might be helpful – they agreed that it would be beneficial for their effort as well.
If you have had any trouble with my site or perhaps other WordPress sites, please post a comment, letting me know what type of problem you have experienced. WordPress suggested the following points, saying it would also be helpful for a known issue they have seen. They have been incredibly kind and patient when I have asked them to help me troubleshoot.
● There is a known issue when trying to like posts using Safari on macOS 10.15.7
● We want to measure to what extent this affects your site and followers
● You are welcome to report any unexpected behavior in the comments or directly to WordPress.com by going to https://wordpress.com/help
WordPress has also made some good suggestions about things that you can try as potential workarounds:
● Turn off any ad-blocking software you may be using for WordPress sites
● Try clearing your browser cache and closing and restarting your browser
● Try changing browsers – WordPress recommends using Chrome (https://www.google.com/chrome/)
● If you are using a VPN, try turning it off for WordPress sites
● Verify that you are using the most current version of your browser and operating system (i.e., macOS, Windows, Chrome, etc.)
Thank you so much for your help, know how much I appreciate you. You are all a part of my WordPress family.